Opening a new Fire Extinguisher Servicing Company


SAQCC Fire does not deal with companies, or the registration of companies. Our mandate is to register fire extinguisher servicing technicians in terms of their competency.

In order to service fire extinguishers the company must have an SANS 1475 permit – so your first port of call should be one of the Department of Employment and Labour approved accreditation bodies, BSISABS or SACAS, which deal with all the company side of things.  Contact details below.

In addition, you MUST have a registered competent person in place, with a letter confirming such, which the accreditation body will require to see when making their inspection. This is where the SAQCC Fire comes in.  This letter does not entitle the company to commence servicing as the competent person will only be registered upon submission of confirmation of the permit being issued.

You will need to employ a technician who was previously registered with SAQCC Fire-1475, or someone who has been registered as a trainee, completed his six months on the job training, has his papers signed off by the company who had employed him, and is ready to become registered.

Forms for registration can be obtained from this office. These must be completed prior to inspection by one of the approved accreditation bodies. Once these bodies have confirmed in writing that a permit is to be issued to the new company, a copy of this letter must be forwarded to SAQCC Fire, at which point the actual registration of the competent person is completed and a card issued. Only then is the technician permitted to commence servicing.

Contact Details for the accreditation bodies 

Please click on the below icon that corresponds with the registration body you would like to contact.