Below are the dates the Road Shows will be in each city. Keep a look out for further announcements here and be sure to book early.
- Saturday 22nd July : Rustenburg
- Saturday 19th August: Polokwane
- Saturday 16th September: Bloemfontein
- Saturday 21st October: Johannesburg
Technicians are urged to attend the exciting and informative road shows scheduled throughout country. The format adopted for this year will be that of the popular group and panel discussions which allows for interactive question and answers by technicians and members of the panel.
A big thank you to all the registered technicians who provided feedback as to the topics that they would like featured at the road shows and Mrs. Liebenberg and Mr. Hardie for compiling the presentation! This year’s heading is “Legal Compliance” and the structure of the road show will include the following topics:
- Legal requirements – regulations and standards relevant to reconditioning of hand held fire extinguishers
- Pressure equipment regulations (PER)
- SANS 10400 Part T & Part W – Application of the National Building Regulations, Fire Installation & Fire Protection
- SANS1475 part 1& 2 – service requirements on cartridge operated extinguishers, extinguisher medium calculations
- Use and control of Firefighting equipment
- CONSEQUENCES of not complying to legal requirements
- Group discussions
Owing to the success of these functions, it is imperative that you book before the cut-off time and date. We are no longer able to accept people just “arriving” on the day as seating plans are arranged and many of the items required are couriered to the event beforehand. Not only that, we need to ensure there is enough food and drink for everyone as well so have to notify the venue well in advance.
Another point to note for this year is that owing to the high incidence of companies who in the past booked for the road shows on behalf of their technicians, who then did not arrive on the day, the SAQCC Fire has decided that similar 'no shows' this year will be charged to the company. The cost of these Road Shows to SAQCC Fire is on average R500 per head, and any no show is a loss to the other members of the SAQCC Fire as this is funded by your registration fees.